When launching your business on the internet, there are a number of legal concerns you need to keep in mind to protect your investment and the rights of others. At Ferraiuoli, we work with our clients to ensure that any internet venture is within the bounds of federal and state privacy regulations, Digital Millennium Copyright Act compliance, and effective terms and conditions as appropriate.
Since its inception, Ferraiuoli partners have been at the forefront of technology and internet law matters. Two of our founders taught the first Cyberspace Law course at the University of Puerto Rico Law School and were part of the group that founded the Internet Society’s Puerto Rico Chapter. Eugenio J. Torres-Oyola, the Chair of our Intellectual Property Practice, was one of the first attorneys in Puerto Rico to provide legal advice in connection with social media matters and he is the only Puerto Rico member of ICANN”s Intellectual Property Constituency and INTA’s Internet Committee.
Our areas of service include:
- compliance with data privacy laws including HIPAA and COPPA
- compliance with European Union Safe Harbor Provisions
- advice on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- preparation and negotiation of agreements for software and other technology
- web hosting and website development agreements
- content development and licensing
- social media use policies