Our Commercial Real Estate Practice Group is well positioned to both meet the challenges and leverage the opportunities for our clients. We have highly experienced practitioners who are engaged in the community, understand the issues triggered by today’s tough economic market and strive to create tailor-made effective solutions to meet each of our client’s particular needs.
And, as with every practice group at Ferraiuoli, we are passionate about providing timely, cost-effective advice that will enhance the viability of the transactions and projects that matter to our clients.
We provide innovative and practical legal advice for all types of real estate transactions to a broad range of real estate industry participants, including developers, lenders, tenants, investors and advisors. We also work with real estate management companies advising them on matters arising from the landlord-tenant relationship and building ownership.
The depth and breadth of our experience spans across all aspects of the commercial real estate practice, including:
- acquisition and disposition
- economic development incentives and programs
- workout and collateral enforcement
- construction and new construction development
- land use regulation
- management of all types of properties from retail to industrial
Our cross disciplinary approach leverages the knowledge and experience of the full complement of attorneys at Ferraiuoli to provide our clients with access to the broad spectrum of legal services available at the firm. We have advised clients on solar energy projects, petroleum products marketed at wholesale level, the complete banking finance cycle from lien constitution to foreclosure process, construction and development of infrastructure and commercial projects, leasing of commercial and residential space, telecommunication sites, estate matters, and provided litigation support in countless situations involving real estate.
In Puerto Rico, Real Estate and Notarial Practice go hand in hand…
Our Notarial Practice is comprised of multiple licensed public notaries who go above and beyond to provide thorough analysis of all real estate property matters including title report issues regarding client’s transactions, full investigation and analysis of the property registry history to find and create solutions for tract issues, evaluation of existing liens and encumbrances affecting real property, cancellations, transfer of real property, constitution of mortgages, easements, restrictive covenants, leasehold estates and surface rights.
- Ferraiuoli’s Real Estate Practice has been recognized in the 2015 Latin America Edition of Chambers & Partners, noting that ‘[t]he firm offers intelligent lawyers who are experienced in real estate matters.”
- Eduardo Tamargo-Motroni and Carlos Lamoutte-Navas are both recognized as Notable Practitioners in Chambers & Partners Latin America (2015)
Representative Matters and Transactions
Our attorneys have been involved in the development and financing of landmark real estate properties, such as:
- Luís Muñoz Marín Airport
- Ritz Carlton Reserve in Dorado
- W Hotel in Vieques
- Condado Palm in San Juan
- Mirador del Parque in Hato Rey
We have also represented cross border borrowers in the re-financing with stateside lenders of major Puerto Rico commercial properties. Other representative matters and transactions include:
- Advising a major real estate investment fund and its servicing agent regarding liens on real estate, including advice and guidance on settlement transactions, foreclosure proceedings, and eventual sale of real estate assets.
- Guiding banking and financial institutions, on both local transactions and nationwide transactions with a local component, on the process of constituting and securing liens on real estate, foreclosure proceedings, and sale of real estate assets through their Other Real Estate (REO) divisions.
- Advising a major pharmaceutical company on local real estate issues in connection with an international merger and acquisition transaction.
- Working with Ferraiuoli’s energy and land use teams to advise solar energy companies in connection solar project developments.
- Assisting a major title insurance company in handling title insurance claims.